Kaet, the Nantuckit Knitter, recently tagged me as a blogger who inspired her (a great honor - thank you Kaet!). This really made me stop and think about what inspires me, and to realize that lately I've been feeling a bit inspiration-starved. It's no surprise, really, given that I've been super busy with work and family, and am more than two months (I know - two months!!!) behind in my blog reading. (I thought my Bloglines would blow up when I returned to it.) But staying up to date with all of you out there really, truly keeps me inspired, and I decided today was as good a day as any to get back on that train.
Staying inspired is so important to what we do. Without the spark of inspiration, we'd be trodding along in the same rutted tracks, probably content enough (for the love of the craft) but without the added zest of anticipation for our finished work. In that vein, I'd like to pass along to you my top ten bloggers that keep me inspired:
- Kaet - back at 'ya! Kaet blogs about great food and city living in her blog, Nantuckit Knitter. Even though she's leaving NYC, I know her adventures in her new home will be just as fun to read about.
- Leslie - aside from making my stomach positively groan when I see her cookie-of-the-week post, Leslie creates some fantastic knitting (among many other things). She proves that you can never have too much of a good thing.
- Octopus Knits - amazing knitted work, amazing photography. She really makes me try to improve the quality of my own photos.
- Destiny, over at AHouseFullofBoys. What can I say? She has 4 boys and a babe on the way, and she's spectacular!
- e.soule - a Portland knitter and professional photographer who does amazing photo portraits of miniatures - go check 'em out.
- Jared at Brooklyn Tweed. What more needs to be said?
- Mims, who blogs about knitting for the Oregonian newspaper. How on earth she manages to stay on top of the knitting related news in the PNW is beyond me, but she and her partner Peggy do it incredibly well!
- Vicki at Peace & Sereknitty - she lives in the Valley and takes stunning photos of her gardens, and knits projects that always make me want to be a copy cat...
- Pikku-Kettu Knits - she was my downstream Sockapalooza pal, and she picks wonderful projects that are just my taste and knits them up so quick you hardly have time to blink. Not to mention she blogs flawlessly in two languages.
- John at Yarn Ball Boogie - this guy makes me laugh. He's a designer and knitter/crocheter and photographer, and blogs about his work with hilarious irreverance.
There you have it folks, though this list is by no means the end of my blogland inspiration! Thank you to you all for showing up day after day to share your creativity with all of us!
I'll leave you all with a picture of Mallory, taken by Campbell...
Mallory Rose, eight months.