It's hot. Really, really hot. In the 90s here in The Dalles, where I'm spending my day, and where I was yesterday, when it was 107. Hood River's about 10 degrees cooler, which is still pretty damn hot. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining! It's taken so long for the sun to come out and play this year that my lavender hasn't even bloomed yet. But because it's so hot, it's been the perfect time to knit with cotton. Baby gifts, to be more precise.
- Pattern: Fiber Trends CH14, Patrick's Pumpkin
- Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, 1 ball each #411, pumpkin and #304, moss
- Needles: size US 6 and US 8
- Size: 19" head circumference
This adorable little hat is a desert pumpkin - bound for Tucson and the little baby boy of my good friend Deborah, from graduate school at U of A. This one is long overdue - the little guy was born in March and I really slacked.
- Pattern: minnowknits Coco Loco
- Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, 2 #203 cosmos, 1 each #406 lilac and #302 wintergreen
- Needles: size US 7
- Size: 6 months
This little cardy is for my cousin and her new baby girl in Vegas. I love those minnowknits patterns for baby gifts - they are quick to knit, easy, and have such whimsy in their design. And can you tell what is new at the store? Yup - Mission Falls 1824 Cotton.
I'll have it added to the site within the next couple days and it's now on the site!
So, now I have just one more baby sweater to knit for the near future, and then it's back to the Brown Blob.