About my Christmas knitting. I completely forgot some. Oops.
- Pattern: Head Huggers by Ann Norling, size adult Large
- Yarn: 1.3 skeins Cascade Eco-Alpaca, held double, chocolate
- Needles: US 10 (6,0mm)
- Mods: made hat about 5" longer for a tall fold at brim
This hat was for my brother-in-law, Patrick. He likes to go fishing up in Alaska, and this couldn't be a more appropriate, warm yarn. The Eco-Alpaca is SO delicious to work with, I can't wait to get my hands on another project in this yarn. I actually felt like I could have worked this on a US 9 (5,5mm) when all was said and done, to make it just a wee bit denser, but it was still nice as is.
- Pattern: Fingerless Mitts, by Destiny Whitaker
- Needles: two size US 8 (5,0mm) circs
- Yarn: Crystal Palace Taos, one ball #08, Sedona
These little cuties were for my god-daughter, Katie. It was really hard to let these go...so easy to knit up, such a beautiful red colorway of the Taos, so quick, so nice on my hands...Anyway - let them go I did, and I think they were well-received (didn't get to see her open them).
So those were my two forgotten Christmas projects, unearthed when I was digging through the photos downloaded off my camera during December...In retrospect I did more knitting than I thought I did, especially given my Bah-Humbug attitude leading up to the holidays!